View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I would bet that your anxiety is making you days worse. My suggestion is to sit down with anybody who is available to help and prioritize your days. Most of us try to do far more than we NEED to do.

Try to establish a routine of just the basics. Give yourself permission to rest. Give yourself permission to ask others for help. Explain that you are asking for help because you want to give your brain and body a rest.

There is no room in PCS for pride or ego. As you humble yourself , first to yourself, then to those around you, you will greatly lower your stress level and anxiety level.

The scripture verse under my name is very important to me. I had to learn to "Be still" so I could observe what was happening to and around me.

If we are always trying to make things happen, we have no time to understand what is happening.

Once you have your daily priorities in your grasp, you can slowly start adding a task at a time. When you do, you need to be prepared to stop if you sense that a need to push to get the task done.

You have an opportunity to influence the stress levels of all around you. As you slow down, you will begin to notice the anxiety of those around you. Then, as you ask them for help, you can direct them to a slower pace that will accommodate your needs. They will be learning to slow down their pace, too.

Stay away from caffeine and try to help those around you do the same, or at least lower their caffeine level. Their stress/anxiety/caffeine push will impact you.

Caffeine is an anxiety producing agent. It's only beneficial use is first thing in the morning for those who do not get enough sleep.

Now, I have just gone off like a fire hose to a simple question. And, I don't ever consume caffeine except the small amounts in chocolate. Even a guy has to have his chocolate.

Well Happy New Year and my best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote