Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Hi Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchr012 View Post
Hi everyone, hope you all had a great New Year. I have been sick with the flu really bad so we did not get to do anything. This week (7th) is my post op appointment and I will finally get my stim back on and I am nervous and excited about it. Anyway, this is going to sound weird but I am noticing really weird sensations/feelings in my back. When I lean back it feels like I am laying against something solid, and this is where my laminectomy incision is. I also am still having spasms and pressure but this feeling is really weird. I am also having really bad trouble sleeping at night because my legs hurt so bad (I think its because of no stimulation) and my incisions sometimes burn. I am about to enter week 6 so hopefully this stuff is normal. I was hurting really bad because a couple days ago I kept throwing up (due to flu) and I know that was not good on my back I really hope I did not mess things up or do anything wrong because I do not ever want to have this surgery again! I have also been having a hard time because the burning pain and numbness is back in my legs and so I have to be really careful in order not to fall, usually I just turn my stim higher and it helps me with that pain and overrides it but since its off it is really bad and pain meds don't even touch that type of pain for me I have to make this short because I need to lay down again and also Gigi is up from her nap Have a great weekend and I will check back in when I can! I wish everyone a new year full of health, happiness, and less/ no pain! Take care Tara
Sorry about the flu..... goodness, as if surgical recovery was not enough. I do empathize regarding the tender feelings and such with your incisions. On my post surgery wait for the go date to turn on the stim, I had a good deal of tenderness there, and since I have had bone removed before with the fusion work, I did not notice anything unduly different about this laminectomy. Just look forward to that pain being controlled by your unit once it is turned on. As for me the docs all said the numbness I have in both legs and feet is permanent, an issue the device is not intended to correct..... so I still use the cane as a get around stability device. Gee, maybe I should name the cane?

Prayin for you,
Best to both of you,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (01-01-2011), tchr012 (01-01-2011)