View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Wonderful to have you with us!

Hello and welcome to NeuroTalk. Happy to see you have come to be with us.

I will agree with Sue in what she has told you. I have a VNS, which I got back in 2003. Some what it has help me out. Yes the battery will last for at least 6 years and it will have to be replaced. For the firat few years it was good for me then my seizures started coming back. I was never seizure free, but I was down to about 2 or 3 a month which were lasting about 25 seconds, but was always laying down to sleep for a while. The battery is still working, so when it runs out I am not going to replace it, just turn it off.

One thing I have done all these years is when I am in the theater for a movie, I will shut and turn my face when you have flashing lights.

On the driving, it takes your doctor to summit it into the state. I am like Sue I have never driven in my life. I was 10 when seizures started and now in my 50's. I can say that last December (2009), I was given surgery and I have been blessed with no seizure since. Although, My own want is to wait till next December to get my license.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around.

Darlene

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil -- it has no point.
Darlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote