Thread: clonidine
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Phew,

Thank you all. I feel like I am starting to come back to normal. I still have these waves of emotions that just wash over me but it is getting better.

I called both docs and raced out of here because one tod me to come over. When I got there he took me right in and we talked about what happened. I told him I took the topamax last night and woke up with a slight flare but went back to bed. Then this morning I put the clonidine patch on at 7A and took the topamax at 8A. Since then I have cried constantly for hours and feel beyond weak. I felt so weak driving ther and was stupid for driving alone.

The doc thought it was the topamax and told me to stop taking it. Something told me in my body though that it was the clonidine patch and I asked him if I could just take it off.

I told him what Mrs D said about discontinuring suddenly as well as agitation and mania. He seemed to think that since I only had it on a short while that I was ok to take off and he agreed that based on my exaggerated reaction today and how uncontrollable it was that perhaps that I was inthat 2%.

So I took that patch off.

It's been a little over an hour and while I still get some waves of emotion I feel like I am starting to focus agin. And like I am starting to get my personality back.

The pain is still there but i'll take that over what i was feeling.

mrs D thank you for your super smart information

Lara thank you for all your research and caring and for being there

Curious thank you for your caring and hugs

I dont know what I would have done without you guys.

I was so scared and still am but I am feeling a little better

I am going to lay down for a while now.

I think I may go back to the Lyrica to help the pain for a while. It has been the only thing that worked. The doc has said he may want to do another block MOnday

Thank you guys so much. Truly
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote