View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused I'm new to this support group thing, but in the same boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1956 View Post
well folks i got bad news today.i got turned down for the 2nd time for "SSDI".i have no more income.cause i exhausted all my "workcomp".all i have left is the settlement from that to live off.since this is the holiday week my lawyer office is closed till jan'.so i called my doctor myself to get a "work release"from him to return back to my job.even if i have to lie to my doctor,i will.i simply have no other income coming in so i have to go back to work,even if it pains me.sorry just needed to talk to someone.guess im just depress and panicky.no sure what to do next.....any tips or advice would be appreciated
I'm in the same position! I've had RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) since I was originally diagnosed @ 17. I was able to get through the University of Arizona's College of Nursing thanks to an amazing doctor who saw the fight in me, & implanted my very 1st spinal cord stimulator @ 23yrs old, during my summer off. What an amazing man. Long story short... It allowed me to get not just my degree, but my dream job back in CA. During my job I was exposed to an MRIf inadvertently. My leads were pulled out & I started having seizures... I took a leave of absence 5yrs ago & have never been able to get back. Not to mention my RSD has spread into both legs. I was on SSDI until a 3 month hospitalization & with no movement of my money they cut me off. I was just 3 months later in a 4 car pile up. Just last year I received a settlement & that's what I've been living off of. I've reapplied in every way possible & just can't get back on. Since diagnosed I have never "played up my disease" but I almost feel like I have to. I know I'm young but I've worked since I was 14. Not being able to work is killing me. I can't get the OT PT and psych help I need without $ & I desperately need my SSDI to get it. It's a vicious circle that's totally killing all the pieces of me that used to be good, caring & strong... If anyone knows how to work the system or has any suggestions... I'm totally open! Please help!!!
CarrieBriana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote