View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
My youngest daughter (age 30) is preggo with child #2. Her doc said he was going to make sure this pregnancy didn't go the full 40 weeks, because her last baby "got stuck" and had a difficult time getting thru the birth canal. The little guy was less than 8 lbs. and my daughter is not a teensy-tiny person.

The doc's office called and told her last Monday that she had gestational diabetes. Now she is bummed because she knows the baby will be larger, and she'll have to have a c-section.

My question is this: do any of you mothers out there have experience with this, and did the diabetes stay after delivery? Or did you get Type 2 Diabetes later in life?

Also, what effect did it have on the baby? The info I've read says that some babies develop Type 2 diabetes later on in life.

Please tell me what you know!

Oh, and FYI, diabetes doesn't run in my family, but BIG babies do!
it is one symptom of diabetes, to have big babies.....so perhaps you do have diabetes in the family.....I do think that gestational DM is a hint that she may develope Type 2 at a later date. Right now, she needs to get on a very good diabetic type diet.....mrsd in the vitamin forum may be able to help, because I certainly dont mean the kind that is being recommended currently!
external size doesnt always correlate to internal size, she may be "small" in her internal dimensions...how preggo is she?
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (01-02-2011)