View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Trigeminal neuralgia??

Does this sound like TN?

Right side of my head, directly in front of my ear, I keep getting this pain that keeps hitting me every 10 seconds to a minute or two. Last night it felt like my ear hurt, but this morning, the pain is directly in front of my ear, but isnt in my ear.

Doesnt feel like any earache I've ever felt, and it feels a lot like the pain I had last year in the back of my head that I think might have been TN, but never had a doctor check it out. Described it to my neuro a few months later, and he said it may have been TN. (described it to my dentist around the same time, and she said then that she hasnt seen any dental issues it could have been)

It hurts when I touch it, but it also hurts if I dont touch it. Last year when I had a similar pain in the back of my head, even combing my hair would trigger the pain. All I have to do is think about it to set this one off. Also seems like the L'herrmites sensation that I get when bending my head forwards sets it off a little.

I go to my dentist for a cleaning in about a week, going to have her check then if this is something dental, but I'm calling my neuro this week. If it's neurological, I probably wont do anything about it, since lyrica and neurontin do nothing for me other than make me swell up.

Think I'll try to go take a nap. Didnt sleep till 6am or later, and my sibling just showed up with her family and woke me up. I'm falling asleep at my keyboard. Hopefully they stop stomping around on the wood floor that's directly above my bedroom ceiling soon.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (01-06-2011)