View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

aireyden,

Do you have any manipulative hobbies? Sewing, knitting, and such. The use of your hands may be tolerable. Cross stitch, rug hooking, painting, etc.

I asked my wife and she suggested card making. There are various ways. She uses blank card stock folded. She stamps images onto the front, glues colored or print paper to it, Uses chalk with eye makeup wands to color and add highlights, etc. It is a low intensity activity that my wife uses for some creative expression and use of her time.

Over time, she has become quite good at it. Some people develop a production line and sell the cards. My wife says that they make great gifts for others to have to write personal notes inside. She said about $25 worth of supplies will get you started.

Activities that require use of your hands have a natural slower pace to them. They also have a sense of being productive.

Years ago, I would flit around the house from one activity to another as I would start to space out from the prior activity. I spent a lot of time watching old movies. They did not have the intensity of images and dialogue to overload me.

Hope these ideas give you some direction. I know how bored I was. I used to take my dogs on long walks until the fields where we walked got developed into houses.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote