View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for getting back with me Bryanna! The first oral surgeon I had scheduled with back in Nov. for Jan. is very aware of my TN and knows all about it. I have been to him in the past for tooth extractions and really felt comfortable to have him do this surgery, however my dental insurance changed for next year and they don't accept it so now I have to go to the oral surgeon I have a consult scheduled for Jan. 7th. I am very upset about going to him. I had to see him for extractions of molars on right upper and lower side. Well I woke up while he was trying to extract my lower molar. I was strapped down in a chair and all I could do was scream and sob! His assistants kept making up different excuses to me when I woke up and he kept telling me to keep still and keep my eyes closed. Believe me if I had a choice I wouldn't be going to him. There is him and one other practice in my town that accepts my insurance and they couldn't get me in until Feb. 11th for a consult and I can't wait that long. Oh don't worry I will tell him all about my TN when I see him for the consult and will remind him the day of my my surgery. Whenever I see any type of medical/dental person the first words out my mouth is my TN and the history with it. I am about 8 days into my penicillin and the swelling has went down some it's still tender. I am right now using one of my duragesic patches, I had to apply one New Year's eve because my pain on a scale of 1-10 was an 18! It's taken care of the pain so I don't know if the pain is still with the teeth or not. I have an appt. scheduled for cleaning and x-rays with my dentist on Jan. 5th. As I stated above my consult for surgery is the 7th and I figure I will be scheduled for extractions the following week. Personally I wonder if he's so bad that is why I can always get in to see him quickly. All the other oral surgeons are always scheduled out at least a month ahead. I have one more refill on the penicillin and I'm going to fill it so I am still on it till the surgery. I'm not going to lie, I am very very scared that I'm going to wake up again during this surgery and I know without a single doubt that if that happens I will probably go out of my mind with pain!! My dentist had to do a filling just on a tooth that was just at the tip of that nerve. When he gave me a local it just hit the tip and I was gripping the armrests and had tears running down my face when the needle touched it. Between waking up to soon and wondering if when he gives me locals while I'm asleep that once they wear off if I'll have residual pain at the injection sites, I'm beside myself. I need these out bad but he's just plain scary! When he pulled the ones back in June I was still sobbing and shuddering in the chair when my daughter and grandaughters came back to take me home. When I have seen the other surgeon he has extracted molars and wisdom teeth I had absolutely no pain other than the wisdom teeth site hurting normally as it does with most people. I just hate this I don't know if you remember but I asked you about my dry mouth problems back in Nov. I think. That is why my teeth are decaying the way they are. I am viliagent about oral hygeine but it is to no avail, they just keep decaying..Sigh.... To compound all this I also have a phopia about dentures! I have had it for as long as I can remember. If I see someones dentures out of their mouth I start heaving and gagging and if I don't remove myself or someone removes them I will vomit! My dentist talked about me getting a partial for my bottom so I can chew food but I don't know if I can use one without throwing up. Sorry I'm rambling again but as you can see this is on my mind constantly. It just goes round and round. Thank you Bryanna!
Robyn6447 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote