View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkim92 View Post
hello my name is kim and i have rsd and i am going to have a glanglin pain shot on monday and i very concerned about this if it will help or make this worst. I have a real fear in any one doing any thing i had two surgeries my arm and both failed and now i am worried about any one doing any thing . It is my right arm i am now disable from this and need some in put on this pain method they want to do please could i have some in put . Thank u kim
Hi Kim,

Nice to meet you. The shot your refering to is called a "stellate ganglion block". I have had many in the beginning of my RSD journey. There really not a big deal as far as pain getting one goes and it is fairly quick. I know my pm doctor now's does them with ultrasound guidence, a couple of years ago when I was getting them it was without the ultra sound. I never had any bad side effects. You might get what they call a Horner syndrome which is like a droppy face but that goes away within a hour or so. You can get a world of information off the internet just put in "stellate ganglion block" and you'll get many hit's. I wish you the best and hope it brings you relieve. My RSD is also my right elbow/arm. I had a injury which required many surgeries and a titanium elbow.

Good luck and truly there's not any reason to be afraid.

gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote