Thread: frustration
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I feel loved!!!!

because I've been having a pretty awful time RSD/ pain/ symptom wise my best mate came down today!!! (and considering it took her 6 hours.. I feel very loved!!). She has just fallen asleep on my floor (on a camp bed), and is going to help me with dealing with the drs tomorrow - the neurologists didn't get round to phoning me back. And, in reality, I see them in 6 weeks or so - it's just at the rate I'm going I will be about 100pounds by then! The first thing she said is "What happened?"... it's bizzare - all my clothes are too big.... I look like I am being eaten by my trousers (I wear hiking trousers because they have fleece inside) and it looks like I stole them off someone else..

the reason for new clothes is that every time I am lifted EVERYTHING falls down... and I mean EVERYTHING (which ISN'T good when you have weepy dressings on your bum...which then have to be reapplied.. I am figuring that even as a poor student I can afford new underwear which will hopefully stop the constant mooning of everyone every time I am transferred. (alternatively, I could give in to the H O I S T scenario... but that isn't happening. - also.. can anyone explain to me why I have lost so much weight off my bum and stomach but NOT off my chest - It is SO annoying - I have even less counterbalance than normal - I am like a flipping weevil toy...

oh well.., lyds is going to stay a couple of days until i am doing better, and just be here... cos it's sometimes so lonely being at university with this kind of pain - cos my mates try to understand, but they have only known me since September (where, despite how much I moan, I have been doing ok for me..) whereas Lyds gone through it all with me before and doesn't need to wait for me to explain before she helps... she sort of instinctively knows.

So... although I'm still frustrated, I am also really happy it's been so great to be able to spend time with someone I don't have to pretend that things are all briliant too.... (well, the boys.. but they don't really get it.. they understand that I need the chance to cry, or that I need a hug etc but they don't understand why....if that makes sense?)
Thanks for your thoughts - I'm sure they helped send Lyds to me

Love

Frogga xxxxxxxxx