View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzel99 View Post
After years of frustration and many specialty doctor visits, I have been diagnosted with geniculate neuralgia. I spoke with the neurosurgeon and neurologist about surgery but am undecided. I would like to know what some other ppl have done to get relief, how you manage your pain, how severe your case is, etc. Also, are you being treated at a major university?

I have never been able to talk with anyone who suffers from this so hearing your stories may help me feel like I am not alone.
---------------

Hello. I am a fellow GN sufferer that just joined the site today. What has been happening with your GN since your post? Which side is it? How difficult was it for you to get diagnosed?

For me, its been almost 4 yrs, almost 2 since diagnosis. Left sided, intense, and is my primary challenge. I also have secondary TN with some residual ON. (head trauma gave me the ON - good thing I"m hard headed.) The military denied the surgery so I expect my medical discharge next month, which will allow me to get the surgery. My GN has ruined my quality of life in many, many aspects. If it weren't for my hard head and family, I don't know how I would be handling it.
I was diagnosed by civilian experts, not the military. Getting that DX was tough. I'd like to hear how you got diagnosed.
R/
YesSirMam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote