Thread: foot neuropathy
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 07:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemom View Post
First, you must get your glucose under control! Use your meter and test frequently, adjust your insulin to your carb intake. If you don't know how, ask doc. Think about using an insulin pump. I love mine. Then, try ALA. 600 mg daily, I think, somebody will confirm that, and there may be other supplements that could reduce the pain.

Did you have tests to confirm the T1? Just because you use insulin now does not make you T1. I am, and always will be, an insulin dependent T2.
thank you for answering me back. in 2005 i was told i was t2 but last month my endocronogist or however you spell it did blood work and just let me know that i was misdiagonsed and am actually a t1. i have asked to be put on a pump but so far they will not do this. my sugars have been over 300 since i was diagnosed and sometimes it will be 500 for a week at a time which is why now i guess i have the neuropathy. i was told i was able to use pump with my type 2 diabetes. i will get the ALA supplements tomorrow. again thanks.
sherrimac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote