View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

abby,

when i say my trunk i mean my back, check, stomach and neck muscles. when i'm not on mestinon i have a hard time holding up my head for very long. even with mestinon my trunk gets tired. for example, sitting up straight is a chore. standing up for very long is hard too. until i got on my current dose of meds, i even got tired if i ate too much because i'd be exhaused from using the muscles/energy to digest food. weird huh.

i walk pretty normal. but when i get tired i start to fall to one side. i also tend to start to trip...i guess i'm not lifting my feet up all the way.

one other thing i learned about a year ago is that i have a loose pelvis. the muscles in my hips are highly mobile. they pop and crackle all the time and i get spasms in my periformus muscle (a big muscle under your butt muscle) because it's trying to hold my pelvis in place. likewise, my shoulders are highly mobile. i can easily move my shoulders in and out of its socket just by contracting my muscles in that area. (hee hee that's kind of been a "circus trick" of mine since i was a kid, but i guess now i know why it does that).

p.s. i think the muscles that keep you from swaying side to side are your core muscles. your abdomen, the side muscles, and lower back muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Thanks for the update. It's really encouraging that they finally found some information! You say that your trunk (among other parts) is weak. Can you describe to me how you experience weakness in your trunk?

Thanks. I'm wondering because my neuro told me he's never seen an MG patient who walks like I do. I sway back and forth from the waist up, because whatever muscles hold the top half of you up, so you don't tilt from side to side--whatever muscles those are, mine are weak.

Abby
mvoyvodich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote