View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mirapex - idea on how to lower your dose

I have RLS also. I had been taking three .5 a day. The weight gain and bloating were very annoying, and the sludging affect on what used to be a pretty clear thinking brain was frightening.

I decide to wean myself partially from Mirapex. However, I also learned that the timing of the Mirapex was even more important. If I take one .5 pill at 4:00 or 5:00 at night it has a stronger effect. RLS takes over an hour to get rid of if I let it appear and then take a pill. However, if I take the pill before evening, pre-supper, there is no onset of RLS. If you rely on the pill only at bedtime, it might be too late, RLS alreadying seizing the early evening to appear. If you take in in the morning, it might be wasted because RLS does not strive to show up and take over at that time.

My suggestion (of course, consult with your doctor) is to keep the same total dosage for now, but try my four or five o'clock dosage time and again another at bedtime and see if that works. Then start cutting back at each of those two times. Eventually you will notice you are thinking a bit more clearly and you are keeping the RLS at bay.
AnnT2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote