View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member

Thank you for your kind words. As to Michael Fox's quote, I could only speculate the meaning. I will say this. When you make your appointment with the Miami clinic, be prepared with a list of questions to ask the neurologist. If you come prepared, most neurologist's are hapy to take the time to answer any questions you may have. Many times we walk into the doctor's examining room and the stress of the upcoming exam can blow are questions out of our brain.

Consider keeping a journal to keep track of when your symptoms are worse. In the morning? At night? After eating? Look for patterns in your journal to discuss with your physician.

I feel it is very important to make the physician to see you as a person, not just another patient. Talk about things you enjoy doing and how your symptoms have interfered with your ability to continue doing them.

Good Luck getting your appointment made. These centers are usually hopping so it may take a month or more to wait for an appointment. Keep journaling and writing your list of questions, it will be worth the wait.

Vicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by curem View Post
Hi Vicky Lynn,
Thanks so much for your suggestions. We have a Parkinson's center here in Miami and I will call them tomorrow.

You asked if I tried nutritional supplements because I was afraid of meds. Yes I'm scared to death of med's. Dr. Sanje Gupta, in his interview with Michael J Fox on CNN, said that over time you can develop a tolerance for the meds and if you miss a dose the symptoms can come back, sometimes worse, although there is "some progress in trying to minimize tolerance." (whatever "some progress" means)

I am anxious to hear your thoughts on the above quote.
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote