View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hellooo again and Happy New Year!!!!

This post is about a different topic than my previous posts here, but I thought I'd post in the same thread for the history-aspect. I hope that's ok!

About a week ago I started taking one fish oil capsule a day (I'm not sure I can mention the brand name here but the concentration is EPA 580 mg, DHA 83 mg). Three days ago the right side of my neck swelled up and my internist, who saw me this morning, diagnosed cervical lymphadenopathy and prescribed Zithromax. I should probably add at this point that even though my neck is painful and tender to touch, I don't have a temperature and don't feel run down.

My question is basically this: since fish oil is the only thing I added recently to the pills/supplements I take and the lymphadenopathy followed shortly after is there any way the two could be related? I mean is lymphadenopathy or swelling of the lympth nodes of the neck a known side effect of fish oil or fish oil of that dose/EPA-DHA ratio or...?

I know a lot of people here take fish oil so I was wondering if anyone has ever come across this before or if it's completely unrelated and just a coincidence!

Thanks for reading! ::

Ziggy
Ziggy7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote