View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Is the sleep disorder from the low blood pressure or the low blood pressure from the sleep disorder? Is there a problem in the hypothalamus or endothelial production underlying both conditions? Is it a mitochondrial defect or dysfunction? Is it an autoimmune problem? If so, what was the underlying weakness leading to that?
Interesting thoughts! I was diagnosed with sleep apnea by my neuro over 3 yrs ago. The first time he saw me he told me I needed a sleep study done, I thought he was crazy. He said my air ways are too narrow causing the apnea. He was correct, I had the study done and have had a CPAP for 2 1/2 yrs.

I too was waking when I stopped breathing, waking in a panic.

As for the low BP, that's new for me. My BP had been between 120/80 to 149/90...averaging around 130/80. This last year, I lost 95# and now if my BP is at 90/60, I am lucky. 2 mornings last week it was 81/46, yesterday morning it was 78/46. My neuro suspects Addison's Disease and we are in the process of testing for this.

I do have autoimmune issues too.

Never ends, does it?

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote