View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Could my dh have Asperger's?????

I'm starting to think that my husband may have Asperger's Syndrome. He was actually the who brought it up! If you knew him, you find that unbelievable .

I've lived with him so long that I never really considered that there could be a reason for his odd behavior. I just thought he was always kind of a jerk .

He has a difficult time reading people. He misjudges peoples facial expressions (mine included), he has a hard time making friends, he says the most harsh, insensitive things but you can tell he really doesn't have the intention to do this because he is baffled when someone gets upset with him.

Our kids and I have just learned to live with his behavior. I think it would help our kids if they knew why he acted this way. Our oldest son, he's 23, harbors so much resentment towards his dad .

Do any of you know any adults with Asperger's? I guess I'm gonna try to get him to see a neuro or a psych doc to evaluate him. From what I've read, it's not any easy dx to make but I guess we're used to that .

Any advice would be really appreciated . I don't see an Asperger's or autism forum here but maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (01-03-2011), NeuroNixed Craig (01-03-2011), SallyC (01-03-2011)