View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I do believe there is substance to this but, not so easy. It is especially difficult for those who suffer physical illness that affects their mentality, or mental illness in and of itself. It takes a lot of practice, and self-discipline. It also requires characteristics of humility, patience, and a dose of selflessness. These are not so easy to develop. It is worth it though, in the long view.

I also believe that to expect to be happy all the time is not a viable goal. In our human drama we experience all kinds of disappointments and sorrows that have to be processed. Tears are not abnormal. We are human. Now I believe that finding a place of peace deep within despite whether I am very happy at the moment or undergoing some grief is possible and attainable. Developing more of the characteristics of selfless love, I think, is also important to reach this kind of goal. It's not an easy path, but, I think, will lead to a deeper sense of happiness and peace. All we need do is to look at the life of Christ Himself. I don't think he was happy and positive all the time. Sometimes, I think we set unrealistic goals for ourselves and others.

We are here to learn, and in that learning we make mistakes, and they are not always happy ones, but, if we learn from it, then it's all to the good, in the long run. I hope that made sense......I'm off to get ready for work where I can practice more of the above.....

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (01-03-2011), Alffe (01-03-2011), barbo (01-03-2011), DMACK (01-04-2011), Doody (01-18-2011), tamiloo (01-17-2011), wishnomore (01-24-2011), Wren (01-03-2011)