View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default response to brain question

Quote:
Originally Posted by katcar View Post
I'm new here and I posted this as a reply to something I read and then realized I probably should do a new thread. I'm just trying to understand what is going on with me. My neurologist isn't taking me seriously and I've recently lost my insurance so I'm going it alone right now. I've been on Mirapex for years because of intense RLS. I have noticed that my brain is not functioning properly for a while now, in fact my co-workers joke about my "lame-brain" but lately my emotions have been all over the map and I can't seem to finish a sentence easily or recall simple words. I'm told that sometimes what comes out of my mouth is not what I thought I said...anyway, for a year or so my index finger on my left hand would "twitch" every now and then but now, it twitches all the time...non stop... if I'm not using it.....I'm not rigid or stiff....except when I first get out of bed or sit for long periods.... exercise clears that right up...the main thing that worries me is my brain function...I've become compulsive with my spending even tho I swear to myself I won't buy another piece of junk...I can't stick to any decisions I make....I want to be reclusive but of course I have to pay bills so I can't but I'm not "showing up" and I've ALWAYS been dependable up 'til now...is this early parkinson's (I'm 50) or mental illness or just plain selfishness???? I think my marriage will soon be in jeopardy as well as my employment if I can't figure this out....does anyone have any advice????
when i was taking a lot of mirapex, my mind was not clear and i felt as if i was observng myself from a distance, and found myself with increasing sense of compulsion - just about anything i was doing i would become obsessed with and unable to stop easily. i have decreased my mirapex intake to 3 pills a day and feel ls if i have some of myself back. my mind is clearer. hope thjs is helpful.
daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote