View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default infection on tooth 18

Hello once again Bryanna,

I found your advice useful and reassuring the last time I posted so when another problem arose after the holidays, I came straight to this board.

The last post, I had a problem with some white stuff coming out of my gums after a bone graft surgery. Now, I have an infection on he side of my gums where the surgery was performed. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow but why and how did I get this infection in the first place? I have been doing everything as instructed. I even added your advice to my daily oral cleaning. Do I need to do more?

Things seem to happen during the weekends or holidays with me. I noticed my gums a little swollen over Christmas break, but didn't think anything of it. I had my check up earlier in the month of December and the doctor said everything was fine, will see me in 3 months.

Now, I have this bump on the side of my gums. It seems to be filled with puss. What will the doctor do for this infections? Do I need to suggest an x ray? I dread getting x rays due to my strong gag reflex. The new digital machine they have just makes me gag. Is there something else they could use to get an x ray of my mouth?

Please help!! It seems when all things are going accordingly, something else horrible creeps up. I don't want to have this infection ruin my bone graft.

pv
p_v13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote