Thread: Even though...
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Even though...

there are probably only a handful, if that, of people here who have Sjogren's Disease as the underlying cause of their neuropathy, thought I'd post this anyway.

Saw the new neuro today who did the skin punch biopsy almost a year ago and dx'd non-length dependent small fiber neuropathy although she was not the consulting neuro back then.

She strongly urged me to try Plaquenil for the Sjogren's (had refused it from the rheumys in the fall). She said Sjogren's is "huge" for NLD SFN and stressed that treating the underlying cause of SFN is extremely important. Didn't want to take Plaquenil because I'm really afraid of the side effects of any med. But I agreed, and will call the rheumatologists tomorrow and ask for it.

She explained the diffuseness of NLD SFN and that it can attack overnight, which mine did. She actually has a few patient's "just like" me and knows a lot about Sjogren's, which made me feel as if I'd might have finally found the right neuro. Have a follow-up in three months.

She said NLD SFN etiology is dorsal root ganglionopathy. Do the gurus here have any comments about that?

Take care,

Sheltiemom
Sheltiemom18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote