View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Politics

Valid point. And to tell you the truth, many of my issues with Fox apply to the commercial networks as well, as when Katie Couric applied a spin - clearly written in advance - immediately following Obama's state of the union speech last year, comments that bore little relevance to what had just gone down, e.g., the President's ad lib comments to those assembled Justices of the Supreme Court regarding its Citizens United opinion, which had just gutted campaign finance law as we knew it.

My overall problem with Fox News is that - quite frankly - it seems designed to whip up the wedge issue du jour, primarily in the service of enticing the viewer to vote against his or her personal economic interest. And in that regard, the "stovepipe" relationship between Karl Rove and Roger Ailes has been well documented, as was News Corp's $1M donation last year to the Republican National Committee; this while MSNBC penalized Keith Olbermann for making personal contributions to candidates of roughly $2,250 or less.

But heck, that's just my take.

Off to a week long retreat, catch you later.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote