View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default i need information please...copaxone...financial

this is very distressing.
so i moved from CO to FL 3/21/10. my mail was to be forwarded by the USPS for 1 yr. (try suing them!)

with all that work with the move and the surgery in Oct i didn't think about my financial aid with the Chronic Disease Fund til the 3rd wk in Dec. i called them and obviously didn't get the renewal for the aid they sent in the mail. they sent the forms. i sent it all back. the very end of the yr.

the upshot...i called today to get the status on the application...they approved it but ran out of funds. panic is setting in. i've been on Copaxone since '03. i havn't had a flare altho i've lost function. i'm stable as things go and would like to keep it that way.

i got 2 leads i need to try tomorrow. closed for the holidays.
i thought i could also try the MS society.
does anyone have any other suggestions?

my neuro said he'd try me on the approved oral med but i don't like to try things that are new til they've been on the market for a while. i guess i could DC the C and see what happens. that's scary to me.

thanks guys
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-03-2011), SallyC (01-03-2011)