View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well... I am amazed by the responses, and the depth you went into Lara, and I would love to respond and give my opinion on the matter but instead am stalling for an exam on that material that is tomorrow. I remembered this post when studying 1 minute ago and came to check on it.

I was thinking of this place earlier when I got a phone call from my mother's best friend who called to let me know her brother (my mother's friends) committed suicide last weekend. He was a surgeon and had difficulty adjusting to Hurricane Katrina which wiped out his home and left him with marriage problems and working overtime at the hospital. What category would this fit into? Impulsive, similar to your description Alffe, another bad mix of alcohol and a gun in the house. I'm guessing Anomic & Egoistic combined. But what really is the purpose of knowing this information? Does it solve anything? No. Does it make any difference at all? No. They are interesting to note but also... I think these categories are rubbish too Lara because they can overlap. And well, to be honest, my entire Sociology class is b.s. too where my teacher promotes Scientology through every lecture and discusses anti-psychiatry which just messes with my head after 4 years of Psychology courses. Well... back to studying. I will come back and post more another day.

*hugs for my friends.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote