View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post
Twinkletoes, I was pregnant with my daughter in 1983/84. I was also gestational diabetic which they caught at 5 or 6 months I believe it was. But I was diet controlled. My daughter was born prematurely at 7 months (for other reasons) but she was not large not even for a premie. In any case, yes, it went away immediately after I gave birth and I have been fine thus far. Anyway, I had her at age 27 and am now 54. I will say I WAS warned about watching my blood sugar for the rest of my life and I have done so. I was also warned about future pregnancies. So, my A1C's and other tests have been fine throughout the years. That's not to say it won't or can't develop. It just hasn't yet. I wish your daughter the best. But yes, I agree with Pab she can and should get on a diabetic diet as soon as she can to get it under control. Oh, and I should add...my daughter when born, did not require insulin or sugar or whatever it is that she may have needed. She just had the normal, I guess I should say, issues from being a premie. Anyway, she is now 27 and there have been no issues with her own blood sugar. And right before Christmas I found out I am going to be a Grandma...YAY! But I do worry about her as well because I know what I went through.
Congratulations, Grandma!!!

Thanks for your post. It eases my mind a lot!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote