Thread: Edta
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 10:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone, for the replies. (I thought I had email notification turned on, but it wasn't - so I didn't know there were any replies until I checked back just now.)

I didn't realize any risk involved with taking EDTA, but your replies have made me re-consider. I had read a lot of web pages that contain text like this:

Quote:
"it removes plaque and returns the arterial system to a smooth, healthy, pre-atherosclerotic state."
and this:
Quote:
"EDTA chelation has been around for a long time and has been used successfully, even "miraculously," in many people for dissolving plaque in arteries. Administration can be either intravenous (IV) or oral. Both forms are safe and effective."
"....essentially cleans out your cardiovascular system. When plaque builds up in your peripheral blood vessels (atherosclerosis), the result can be high blood pressure. When it builds up in the vessels of your heart, a heart attack can occur. And pieces of plaque can break off and find their way to the brain, resulting in stroke. As we all know, these conditions can be permanently disabling, even lethal. Atherosclerosis is not limited to the heart vessels or any other local area of the vasculature, but can occur anywhere in the body. If your coronary arteries, for example, are filled with plaque, it's a sure bet that your brain arteries are in a similar state. This also goes for the arteries in your lungs, kidneys, and other vital organs."

Obviously, those sites are all selling their version of EDTA - or a mixture that contains EDTA as the main ingredient.

Also, a friend told me of someone he knew, who had been told he would need heart surgery in the near future... and that person took an EDTA formula for a year, returned to the doctor and was then told he no longer needed surgery.

It all sounded great to me... and at minimum, I didn't think it could do any harm.

My thought in taking it was as a preventative/restorative.

I don't know that I have heart disease.... I just know I have been negligent with my health and have lived a lifestyle that likely puts me at risk. And I have seen several people my age suffer heart attacks in the past couple of years, some fatal... and that has gotten my attention. I have had some mild to moderate chest pains from time to time also... so I was attempting to take some action before something does happen to me.

As for seeing a doctor.... I'm not really able to do that. No insurance, no money for doctor visits. I've had two kidney stones in the past two years. The first time, I went to the emergency room because I had no idea what was causing the severe pain. Now, I have debt collectors after me for that $5000 bill that I cannot pay. The second stone passing - I knew what it was that time, and spent 7 hours in agonizing pain rather than returning to the emergency room. Not a pleasant day - to state the obvious! (However I am thankful it passed in hours rather than days)

My only option, when it comes to healthcare, at the moment anyway, seems to be a vitamin & supplement routine that will contribute to overall better health.

Figuring out just what should make up that "overall better health" plan, is a little harder than I thought it would be.

I'm feeling pretty foolish now... I should have attempted to learn more about EDTA before taking it. And it is embarassing to confess my financial situation too.

But I thank you all for your considerate and thoughtful replies. You have been helpful - and I appreciate this forum!
kcpopps is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote