View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Thank you Jo*mar....

I appreciate your response. I am just about ready to go to my appt with my Dr and was hoping someone gave some input.

See, that's the (extra) sad thing about this is that it IS a VERY small company......I'm the admin assistant. My boss's wife is the 'other' office worker. That's it. Small as small gets. And that's where my 'guilt' comes in because they are paying out for my Insurance premium and deductibles....which run in the thousands.
Sometimes he's a bit hard to communicate with and the economie's trickle down effect has had a direct hit on us.....and I can't just 'produce' numbers that aren't there. (Revenue).... too many cuts, etc...
However, he puts the extra demand on me and friction is in the air.

So, he's cutting things like 401K and my income. It's hurtful because I've put in over half my life for this guy. I understand that the economy has aLOT of people in a pinch and many would say to just be glad that I even HAVE a job.
I empathize with all of that......
So, given the situation and what this is doing to me mentally and otherwise, I'm beginning to think that disability would be a realistic thing to consider. I've paid in all these years. I type my own paycheck and I SEE how much of it goes to FICA.

What you say makes sense.....and I will certainly tuck that in my pocket.....(about milking the job).......but as far as 'cutting back my workload'.....isn't really something that would apply in this situation. He'd just need to hire someone else. Only one person is necessary to do my job. His wife comes in now and then because she's 'bored'......but basically, it's up to me to run the business aspect of it.

And when I think in terms of trying to find a 'different' job, one that is 'easy'....well, it's to the point that I 'can't'......The job I've been doing for 30 years would be 'easy' in many people's eyes.....I sit at a desk most of the time.......so see? This is where I'm so mixed up. When I get that statement every year showing how much I've accumilated and what I would get every month if I DID claim disability, it would seem the way to go.
But I don't know anything about how this works.

I've read thru the stickies, and I'll read thru other's posts.

You've given me a good place to start with my thought process and what you've said makes perfect sense.
Thank you so much!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote