Thread: Even though...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks very much to both of you (glenntaj and MrsD). In the meantime, researched Plaquenil and don't like what I'm reading about its serious side effects. Especially mentioned is that people over 60 should be wary. Well that's me for sure, and add another 15 years to boot. Nor do I like the side effects being posted at a Sjogren's support group site that people on Plaquenil are experiencing. Some, much younger than I, have quit it because of them.

As you say, MrsD, it's my call. Knowing how I am about meds in general, will probably avoid it because I don't have "pain." It's decreased to a hard to describe discomfort of the skin to light touch especially on the face. Also legs and arms are affected by the the brushing of fabrics against skin. Even that has decreased somewhat but might never go away altogether. However, wind and breeze in the face no longer bothers me, thank goodness.

Will try to find out what other med(s) might be used that aren't so frightening. It was recommended to me because of the rash and fatigue factor (really not so bad). So back to the drawing board.

Sheltiemom
Sheltiemom18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote