View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

inkedbette,

Sorry to hear of your struggles. It is likely that the concussions included amnesia of the event. Repeated head impact frequently cause amnesia of the event.

Your first thing to do is get some foam ear plugs. The yellow cylinder type work best. Sometimes you can find them in a flesh color. They will help with the background noise. Twist them tight and insert them deep with just enough to touch the end to pull them out.

You need sleep, sleep, sleep.

Although I use a NUCCA chiropractor's services, it is very difficult to get any Medicaid coverage for it. The copays are almost the whole fee.

Your headaches can be caused by the concussions but more likely they are caused by your sleep deprivation. Only when you are getting good rest will you be able to determine if they are from the impacts. So, rest is your first priority.

Does Oregon have any victims' assistance programs?

The notepad on a lanyard is a great idea. I keep my cell phone on a lanyard or I am constantly losing it.

In the future, it will help if you use lots of paragraph spaces in your posts. Most of us with PCS have a difficult time following from the end of one line to the beginning of the next. Five lines per paragraph is usually our max.

As you know, you need sleep. Without it, everything will collapse around you. And, you need good nutrition. You brain needs B vitamins, D3, Omega-3's, folic acid, and all of the normal supplements for Stress.

Do not be afraid to ask for help. Be a mama bear for your girls. Aggressive/violent men have no place around children, much less infants.

Good luck, stay strong,

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote