View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
I have RLS, TN, Carpal Tunnel, PN and SEVERE nighttime muscle cramps. I have been on Quinine for years. Two to three of the 324mg Qualaquin capsules daily. I KNOW it is hard on my body and would love to find something else.

Tricare insurance just told me they won't approve it for anything but Malaria.

I have heard people say Neurontin helps. I have tried drinking tonic water. No luck.

My right calf muscle cramps hard enough that I have to jump up in the air and land on the ball of my right foot, more than once, to relieve the cramp. I have a further complication. I have been on a LOT of antibiotics, including Cipro and Levaquin. A side effect of these is to weaken (?) the tendon holding the muscle on the bone. Currently, I have ruptured the tendon holding my right bicep to the bone. See why I am afraid of these cramps? I am so afraid I will jump up and when I land I will tear the calf muscle off the bone.

I don't like quinine. Wish we had something else. This forum might be my best hope.
Thanks for taking the time to read this...Dave

EDIT: My Primary Care doctor said he thought Mirapex for RLS would help the muscle cramps. News to me.
Gabapentin was the only drug that cured my night leg cramps.
David
dcb123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote