Old 02-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Thanks for those very valuable tips, over the last couple of months i have cut the cigs down to half to what i was smoking and i was a very heavy smoker, but i am still not happy even with that amount, i just brought some " nigarette patches " so here goes, i am going to give it my best shot, right now.
thanks again for those goood tips.
Brian
it's a tough thing brian. i have worked with clients for years to help them stop smoking. it tends to go hand in hand when people join and gym and hire a trainer.

little tricks...like washing all your clothes. make sure that the old smoke smell is gone. same with around the house. curtains, carpets...linens. that smell can trigger the need for a smoke. that spray called Febreeze really helps.

don't forget your car.

the patches and gum do work great. just don't do both at the same time. if you feel the need to put something in your mouth...you can take the patch off..put it back on the little plastic disc...and chomp on some nicoette gum. them put the patch back on.

the patches...follow what the boxes say. don;t try and stretch out the times to make them last longer. this will just put you in nicotine withdrawls. i can't tel you how many time over the years i have seen that happen.

awesome advice on this thread. i hope others will read it.

you can do it brian. got you in my prayers.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote