View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Thank you for your understanding....

......this certainly is a heartbreaking thing to face....we had a much different picture in our mind of where we'd be in life. I'm sure this is the common connection we all can relate to.
I appreciate the open doors you've given me, and as I read more and more posts, I'll hopefully become more familiar with this....
In the meantime, thank you for bearing with me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1956 View Post
im going thru workman comp.but i have a workman comp lawyer anyway.i'll be 55 this year so im a bit older.but think the workman comp lawyer is the way to go.its what they do.maybe permanent disability may be his/her other option for you also
I'm sorry about your situation Don. Thank you for your input, which raises the first thing I'm not clear on. I guess I was assuming that going thru WorkComp, means that the reason for claiming disability is due to something that happened thru work. If so, this would not pertain in my case.
However,
When I was at my Dr visit today, he made mention that some people take a temporary leave of disability to begin with, and alot of times it becomes permanent....in a chronic situation, such as the battle I've been facing, this looks like the direction I'd be heading.
Again, , sorry for 'not comprehending' very well.

Legalmania, thank you. Looking at the website you refer to sounds like the perfect place for me to start. I'm not sure which particular site it is, but I'm sure I can 'google' my way to it
Also appreciate the 'heads up' on how to get my ducks in a row.
The med records and journal shouldn't be a problem. This is something I actually DO have some knowledge on! so that is a bit encouraging.
I went to your visitor page and noticed the date you joined Feb 24th is the very same date I got my spinal cord stimulator implanted.
No relevance whatsoever to this discussion, but these are the types of things I notice ..... and that certainly was a big day for me.

I'm sure I'll have 101 questions to pester you with....
Feel free to run for the hills while you're ahead

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote