View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

KYMMER,

You're certainly going through a lot right now, and I know what if feels like to not have answers, and thus, no options, really.

I have a spinal cord injury from a bleed from an AVM in my spinal cord (where I also have an aneurysm that hasn't bled). It took four years for me to be correctly diagnosed, although I didn't realize all that time that the DX I had been given wasn't correct.

Anyway, I have a lot of spasticity in both of my legs and my abdomen. I know a lot of people are able to control the spasticity with Baclofen, although I wasn't able to tolerate it. I take Tizanidine at night to keep the spasticity down enough to let me get some sleep. Generally I can deal with the spasticity during the day, but sometimes I have to take the Tizanidine during the day too. It's prescribed for round the clock, but I try not to have to take it during the day because it makes me drowsy to the point of keeping me from driving.

I know this information does absolutely nothing to help figure out what's going on with you. But I wanted to mention the fact that there are drugs that can help with the spasticity.

I realize you may or may not want to treat any of your symptoms before being diagnosed, and perhaps your doctors haven't mentioned treating the spasticity, for any number of reasons. But if you need some help with that it may be something you'd want to talk with them about.

If my spasticity hits while I'm standing up or walking, it can land me on the ground, or while sitting can suddenly throw a knee up into the bottom of the desk or table. And then let's not even talk about the looks I get from people when I'm in public and it hits. Sometimes I want to say, 'No, I'm not drunk, thankyouverymuch!'. lol.

I hope your docs will get this figured out for you soon so you can get on with the business of knowing what can be done about it.

Wishing you all the best, and if I can help in any way, please let me know.

AVM rupture 2002. Both embolized in 2006, AVM obliterated.

AVM grown back, 2010. Aneurysm still embolized. Waiting to have AVM re-embolized.

Scoliosis and fibromyalgia.

amethyst_myst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote