View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ausbel and welcome,

The cause of my neuropathy pain is different than yours, but when it comes to neuropathic pain, that matters not.

I've tried neurontin, lyrica and a couple of other such drugs, along with a variety of anti-seizure meds (which are being used to treat this kind of pain), and haven't had very much success with them. The anti-seizure drugs took the edge off the pain a very little bit, but it wasn't enough to make it worth the side effects and paying to refill the prescriptions every month. I got off the last of those last year and haven't noticed any difference in the pain.

I know that there are a lot of people who do get pain relief from some of those drugs. Have you tried any of them?

I've started experimenting with anti-inflammatory foods and spices/herbs to see if that might help. A couple of times I've actually thought I may have noticed some difference, but because this kind of pain is better sometimes, worse sometimes, and almost unbearable sometimes, it's hard to tell yet if it's actually helping. I haven't been doing it long enough to really be able to tell yet anyway though.

Anyway, I totally understand where you're probably at with it. Clothing, shoes, socks, bedding, etc., touching me, hugs, etc., all are very painful. The things I never had to even think about before an AVM bled in my spinal cord can cause me terrible pain now.

I've learned to get used to it some, but even after 8 years I'm not sure that I'll ever get any more used to it than I am now.

Feel free to say 'hello' anytime you want to, and let me know if there's any way I can help out. I know that a lot of times just having contact with others who are experiencing the same thing is what we really need when nothing else really helps.

Wishing you the best.

AVM rupture 2002. Both embolized in 2006, AVM obliterated.

AVM grown back, 2010. Aneurysm still embolized. Waiting to have AVM re-embolized.

Scoliosis and fibromyalgia.

amethyst_myst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote