View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I've had 2 OPEN spinal surgeries, without fusion but let me tell you, they were very painful. And I'm EXTREMELY hard to medicate -- I have been since I was a child. In fact, I have awakened on the operating room table TWICE during surgery!!! So I always have to make sure the anesthesiologist knows that!

During the stay in the hospital, they gave me Morphine drip. For meds at home all they gave me was Vicodin!!! Let me tell you that that was NOT adequate, but that's all my surgeon would give me. I couldn't ask my PCP for something else as he would think I was a drug seeker. So believe me, I suffered.

Both surgeries failed, and I'm now disabled and considered inoperable. The last surgery was in 1995. Sheesh. Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (01-06-2011)