View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 02:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Mz Migraine;731876]Are you applying for SSI or SSDI?

In addition to Jo*mar's response.............

To qualify for benefits, you must first have worked in jobs covered by Social Security. Then you must have a medical condition that meets Social Security's definition of disability. In general, we pay monthly cash benefits to people who are unable to work for a year or more because of a disability.

I applied for ssdi. I know i have worked enough to get it, I was just wondering if anyone on here got it for bipolar. I first applied for my fybromyalgia and I just dont have enough records to support that so when my lawer found out i was being seen for bipolar he jumped on it. he gave me papers with questions for my psychiatrist to fill out along with getting my records. I have been in the hospital 3 or 4 times for this so i was told that helps my case to. my axis v gaf. is 40/45 and that is listed under servere symtoms. plus i looked up the criterias for bipolar and the answers he gave on those questions meet the ones i read so i dont know. all i can do now is hope the judge and vocational expert thinks it meets them also. thankyou for responding to my post.
dcartwr66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote