Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Well Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
I don't know what to think, my roommate is suppose to get a pump in February. I was going to let him read here, but now I'm second guessing. Will a pump help , I wonder about the weird feelings and sensations and other things I read. Well let me think it over before I let him read the posts.
It's good to see you over here
Is your roommate going to be getting the pain pump or the spinal cord stimulator?

Here's a great link I pulled from the 'stickies'. It's very informative.
http://www.nationalpainfoundation.or...e-technologies

I know it seems a bit 'scary' to read some of these posts, but hopefully we can help explain the different types of pain issues going on

I'll be totally honest in saying that I was completely creeped out when first presented with the option of the SCS......but after so many years of dealing with chronic level 8 pain and no answers in sight, it was without a doubt the way to go. It has been a 'lifesaver' for quite a few, especially having a pretty high success rate in covering neuropathy/RSD burning type of pain in the limbs.

The best part is, the candidates for these units do a 'trial run'....like a 'test drive' to see if it is something they want to pursue.

Not all are success stories of course, and they do require maintenance....but several folks here will swear by them.....others will 'swear' FROM them.
That's just it - a very individualized therapy and no two people can really tell the same tale. Depends on if there are other health issues going on as well.

Has your roommate had the temporary trial procedure done yet?

Just ask questions!
He is fortunate to have you looking out for him the way you are doing. That is fantastic.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-06-2011)