Thread: Tramadol
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 04:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default withdrawals

I am not so sure about the addiction part. I know everyone is different, so reactions and withdrawals will not be the same for everyone.

That said, I just went through withdrawals from morphine last month. I also have high pain, and never felt a high, or buzz from my meds. I also didnt crave them, but they did reduce the pain.

Well one day my doctor decided not to accept my insurance anymore, gave me one refill and said CYA! I cut back on the meds and made them last 2 months. Slowly weening myself down.

Well the withdrawals came on full force about 4 days after I ran out, and ran about 15 days. The first 4 days I thought I was gonna die, no sleep, and restless legs that drove me almost out of my mind. I am still gaining strength back day by day. Dont ever want to go through that again!

I was not mentally addicted, but my body had learned to rely on these pain meds, and revolted when they stopped. My mind is now recreating pain receptors that will accept my natural endorphins to fight pain. It takes a while for this to happen, so the pain is back with a vengeance.

A doctor that I found recently, and even fell asleep on me. Gave me tramadol, and it really didnt help the pain so much as make me feel weird. I am still lookin for a doctor to help me out.

Just remember, anything can happen, and our bodies will react to stopping pain medications.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hairdresser (10-10-2008)