View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up Earthworm castings

For all of you gardners I have a tip.

Next time you are at the local nursery, or garden center, see if they have some worm castings. They 100% organic, 4 times better than any other fertilizer, and wont burn your plants. In fact you can grow plants in pure worm castings without burning the plant. Try that in any other fertilizer

If you find some, you can get it online also. Either put a 1/4 inch layer in every pot, or if you repot the plant, mix 1/3 castings with 2/3 potting soil for the very healthiest plants.

You can also increase your harvest, or fruit size with worm castings. The only plant you really have to be careful of is the tomato. If you put to much around, or in the soil. The tomato will grow to this huge size, but will not produce fruit!

The tomato plant will think it wont die, so it wont produce fruit!! The one I made the mistake on did live through the winter, and even made it through a light snow. The plant was 20 foot tall!

I highly recommend this for all house plants. It is like putting steroids on your plants, but totally natural. Made from nature just for plants to feed on.

Here is some info on worm castings

http://www.gardencentershowplace.com/Articles04.htm

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote