View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cervicogenic tinnitus............

Thank you Steve for mentioning this too me. I researched this and Kev told me I am the poster girl for this. I guess it's time to ask the doctor about this one. This is something I found:

Patients experiencing cervicogenic vertigo may report the following clinical symptoms: positional unsteadiness or giddiness; a feeling that the ground is moving; postural instability noted especially on turning; and imbalance that is markedly enhanced by sudden head movements, such as neck extension with upward or downward gaze or rising from the supine position. Neck pain is always present in patients suffering from cervicogenic vertigo with muscle tenderness, stiffness, and guarding of the cervical region commonly noted. Neck pain may precede the sensations of imbalance by a period of days to months and is commonly located in the occipital region with radiations to the temporomandibular region, the temporal region, and into the arms. Headache complaints are common and occipital in origin with retro-orbital or band-like referred pain patterns. Occasionally patients may complain of numbness in the arms which is apparently without anatomical pattern. A high pitched tinnitus which may be associated with fluctuating hearing loss and a sensation of fullness in the ear is noted in 30 percent to 60 percent of cases.

There is not a symptom there that I have not experienced in the last several months. The high pitched tinnitus has been going on now for over 2 weeks. The neck pain has been going on for months now and the headaches for even longer. The dizziness when looking up can tip me right over, that's why Kev always keeps an arm very tightly around me when we hug.

Thank you Steve, it's a great starting point.
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote