View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 02:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello, rash, and seeking Boston doctors

Hi. It's my first day on this forum and I'm happy to be here, even though I'm not.

I was diagnosed with TN in April 2010 and have been on increasing levels of Tegretol since then. For the most part, it's managed my pain well and the side effects have been manageable. Last week I switched to XR and while it's working well (400mg three times a day) last night I noticed tiny red spots on my stomach and chest. This is one of those "call your doc right away" symptoms. I can't see my neuro until tomorrow but am seeing my primary later today. But he already said on the phone that I have to stop the Tegretol. Which feels impossible. I could not function before I was on it. I couldn't even swallow without massive pain.

So question one is - anyone familiar with the tiny red spots? And, can anyone tell me about making a quick switch between meds (like going from Tegretol to Neurontin) and how that works? I am very, very apprehensive about being without my Tegretol. Frustrating but true.

Question 2 is -any suggestions for docs in and around Boston who are experts at this? I like my neuro but she's super hard to access, especially when I'm having a problem.

Thanks, all.

FM
Fayemo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote