Thread: Acdf c5-6 c6-7
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Acdf c5-6 c6-7

Hi I am new to this site. I had ACDF C5-6 C6-7 on 12/9/2010. I had excessive swelling I think due to the protein that was placed in the cage that went in-between the vertebra where the disk once was. Surgeon finally put me on a 5 day pack of steroids after suffering for 5 days in the hospital (did not expect the length of stay or problems swallowing). I also have a plate and screws holding everything in place. At this point I still feel as if I have a lump in my throat and can eat almost everything, just not bread, chicken and meat. Anyone else have these issues. I only wore a hard collar for a few days and then a soft collar. At 3 weeks the surgeon said that I did not have to wear the soft collar anymore - I still wear it when I try to sleep or I am in a car. I am still sleeping in the recliner. Each time I try to sleep in my bed I wake up throughout the night and am ache and have more muscle spasms. How long did this last for others. I still have very limited rotation in my neck. I can move a bit to the left and down and almost nothing up or to the right. When does this change? I drive only short distances 1 -2 miles. Not sure when I will feel comfortable driving longer. I would like to think about going back to work as a teacher, but need to drive 25 - 30 minutes. Any thoughts from people who have gone through the process. Thanks for your help and insight.
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote