View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi jana,

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt and I hope things get better. I've had complex partial seizures along with petit mal seizures for over 30 yrs. and I've been told that complex partial seizures are the hardest to control according to my Epileptologist that's because the seizures is happening on both sides of the brain and they can lead to tonic clonic (grand mal) seizures sometimes.
I hope I'm wrong but it sound like your aunt might have had a status complex partial seizure because she was unconscious for 10 min. and unaware for over 30 min. and what's puzzling to me is the short term memory problem that lasted over 6 hrs. I wouldn't leave your aunt alone if I were in your place because if she had a seizure like this again she could get hurt especially if she feel down and being unaware and as well as short term memory problems lasting so long she might wander off not realizing what she's doing. Many times a person with complex partial seizures will wander around and not realize it until the seizure is over. I know it happens to me at times I will be in the living room and when the seizure is over I will find myself in the kitchen or bedroom and I don't remember walking there. You might want to also give your aunt vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day you can buy it over the counter the B12 calms the nerves down and helps reduce the seizures. I also took keppra this past yr. and the drug caused insomnia and it increased my seizures I hope it does better for your aunt. I wish your aunt and you only the best and May God Bless the both of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote