View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default OH Bob/Nide! You are soo right.

The words: 'New and Improved' have always spelled doom for me and THAT product!
Where would we all be without: Velcro, Zippers, Elastic everywhere we need it! Buttons, hooks and Snaps? Forget it!
Back on topic tho? Macrophile, worse than the GREAT SEARCHES FOR SHOES, SOCKS, Come SLIPPERS! I cannot count the $'s subsequently donated in shoes and slippers that ultimately DO NOT FIT!
The only ones that 'seem' to be the most flexible for me? Also are the most expensive! I am sooo tempted to try and start some 'cottage industry' making slippers for our 'tender toes'[c]!
That, or they discontinue them rite after I've bought something that actually works! It's a racket, designed to MAKE us buy/try more? Why should we who have fussy feet have to pay $100. or more just for basic foot coverings!
These are good slippers tho, have used them for ages...good foot support and comfy. http://www.acorn.com/categories/womens
Even the sheepskins I've washed with something like Dreft laundry detergent or Pepede leather wash- Successfully, but using a shoe stretcher to fit them..
I hope this little bit helps. Maybe we should create a set of 'criteria' that possible slipper and shoe manufacturers could 'adopt' into their 'specialty shoe' designs? I sure don't know WHO they are listening to...obviously NOT US! [Unless we want to pay $100.+ for anything].
Hugs and hope to all! 's!!!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Swmnupstrm (01-08-2011)