View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

darlindeb25,

I AM the poster child for cervicogenic headaches LOL! No, seriously, I know how bad this hurts, I have experienced the dizziness, panic attacks, and the list goes on just as you posted below. Now, this was about 4 years ago and EVERY DAY! My original diagnoses was Occipital Neuralgia. But nothing, no conservative measures ever worked or touched the pain. I finally switched to a spinal PM whose speciality was headaches coming from the cervical spine. He found the culprit right off and it was osteoarthritis of the C3/C4 facet joints..and very severe. My NS was in shock when he saw my MRI and basically said, "Surgery immediately!" I then had a fusion which obliterated all of these symptoms. Now, this is me speaking, others may have a different experience. But I can tell you I went through the ringer until my current PM found the problem. I would strongly suggest an MRI of the cervical spine. In the meantime I would NOT do PT, traction, or any spinal manipulations until you can get this figured out. If your cervical spine is fine, then you will have to look at other things. But when I saw your post, I just wanted to give my input. I wish you well with this, I know for me, it was incredibly painful. Hang in there.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote