Thread: I'm a moron
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I'm a moron

I'm trying so hard not to buy anything I don't need (no COLA, health insurance premiums up, etc.) Would I LIKE new stuff? Sure. Do I NEED new stuff? Nope. I mean, how many pairs of pants can you wear at once, right?

A sweatshirt alone isn't warm enough some days, so I wear a turtleneck underneath. That IS my winter wardrobe. I have one turtleneck that I really, really like...L L Bean pima cotton, lightweight, comfortable neck that doesn't feel like a noose. But I only have one.

Decided to find a couple more pima cotton turtlenecks in white and/or ivory, maybe light blue to wear with my "wardrobe" of sweatshirts, and my sweaters when I'm out and about. Went to L L Bean and decided I couldn't afford two at that price.

Went to another site, found a clearance/outlet, and got FOUR turtlenecks for the price of the two at LLB! Well, first, I didn't NEED four turtlenecks. Second, they aren't as comfortable as the LLB turtleneck. I could have had two nice comfortable shirts, and now I have four nice uncomfortable turtlenecks.

Just another example of NOT THINKING before I click "buy". grrrrr.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-08-2011), Jappy (01-09-2011), Jodylee (01-13-2011), Kitty (01-08-2011), Koala77 (01-08-2011), NeuroNixed Craig (01-08-2011), SallyC (01-08-2011), Twinkletoes (01-08-2011)