View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

*sigh* I really had this "feeling" that there was a connection between the migraines and the seizure. She had an uncle (my great uncle), who would have seizures whenever he heard an organ playing -- strange, huh? Migraines with auras run DEEP in our family -- her mother (my grandmother), my sister, and I all have them, too. My sister's migraines have been so bad that they have even lasted as long as 28 days out of the month, also affected her speech, and made one of her eyes droop.

This muscle "squeezing" is a WONDERFUL trick -- I've printed your responses and will hand them to my aunt ASAP!!

So far, we haven't noticed any of the "automatisms" you mentioned (did I spell that right?) -- but, her friends have said that they did previously notice that she seemed to sometimes stare off into space and try to start a sentence and then stop. We are wondering if this might have been seizure-related?

Thanks for the "status" info. Scary!!! At first, they thought it was a TIA -- so, they didn't give her anything at the hospital -- but, she seems to be ok. She's pretty fiesty for 68!!

We've gotten her lap-top moved over here -- so, I'm going to try to get her to join and start asking her own questions. I've already told her how awesome you all are!!

God bless you, too, Sue!! And, thanks again for all of your help!!