Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Welcome Stressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedout View Post
Hi everyone,
I have been dealing with RSD in my hand/forearm for 2 yrs now. Been through nerve blocks, PT/OT, pulsed radio freq. ablation and now hoping to be able to try a scs. I have a tens that works great, am on lyrica 300mg, cymbalta 60mg and mobic 7.5mg.

My question is what can I expect? What limitations? I used to run my dogs in agility trials...will I be able to again? I just want my life back. I'm going through a bad flare right now and think it's spreading into my elbow, I have been getting BAD stabbing pains in my elbow. Having trouble opening my hand, doesn't seem frozen because I can open it with my other hand but my brain just can't get them to move.
You are now among us in a good place to find out about the effects of SCS in a variety of placements, especially with your thread on this subforum! I expect many will reply and give you their thoughts about SCS, and as for me, my thread is the Boston Scientific Mini Rechargeable under Mark56, it is pretty long and takes you through the whole of my process to date, but it is laid out there in detail. I have been able to wean off of all medication and use the SCS to control all pain. I am now actively looking for a return to my profession, law, while before SCS I was so doped up on the likes of morphine and 3000mg of Neurontin a day that I spent most of my life in bed. I am working to get back that zest for life I knew before my car wreck, and I believe you may be able to do so as well! Goodness, I was so messed up after the wreck I had a host of surgeries over the years, four of them on my hands, and my hands are returned to functioning, when my doc had given me the prospect that the nerve in my right arm was dying at an alarming rate, thus preceding one of my surgeries.

My SCS is positioned to assist my nerve damage in my lower extremities and it works well for me there. Hopefully someone who has had it positioned to help with hands will join the discussion you have started here; but this I know it is used for a variety of treatments, even nerve induces facial pain, so giving it serious thought in your situation truly bears a read through some of what we who are now part of the SCS community have on our threads may provide hope for you and your situation.

May you know peace, and be able to run your Dog friends once again in trials as you so thoroughly have enjoyed.
Prayin,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (01-11-2011), edever34 (01-08-2011), Rrae (01-10-2011)